Meghana Parikh, Advocate
Intellectual Property Rights Laws; Patents Law, Trademarks Law & Designs Law
The Bar Council of Gujarat; Baroda Bar Council
Registered Indian Patent Agent, 2010
- Received three Gold medals and cash prize from M.S. University of Baroda, for scoring highest number of marks in M.Sc., Department of Chemistry.
- Received Gold medal from ALUMNI Association of Chemistry Department, M.S. University.
- Received cash prize from GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.), Women Toppers Award, for highest number of marks in M.Sc.
- Received four scholarships for securing highest number of marks in M.Sc. (Previous), from M.S. University.
- Received five scholarships for securing highest number of marks in B.Sc. and continuing M.Sc., from M.S. University.
- Selected by Dept. of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Indian Patent Office (IPO) and Japan Patent Office (JPO) to attend JPO-IPO Training for IP Lawyers, Oct. 6 to 24, 2014, Tokyo, Japan
- Received Young IP scholar award for presenting paper at 5th Asian Work in Progress Conference, organized by ARCIALA, SMU and CUHK, Jan. 9-10th 2020, Hong Kong.
- Received WIPO scholarship for studying LL.M. (with specialization in Patent Law and Design Law) organized by the WIPO, the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (TurkPatent) and Ankara University 2020.
- Unleashing Bioprinting technology through Patent Intelligence, Drug Discovery Today, Feb 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2021.02.002
Techno-legal consultant with expertise in pharmaceutical / medical / biotech chemistry.
- - literature / prior art search, patent mapping & landscaping, search reports
- - patent analysis, infringement analysis, freedom-to-operate opinions, patent evaluation / analysis reports
- - technical solution for patent circumvention
- - gap analysis and counselling on patentability
- - patent drafting, filing and replying to office actions, handling opposition proceedings
- - assistance in patent invalidation and revocation suits
- - analysis for product selection / identification based on patent information
- - trademarks and designs registration
- - IP portfolio management & allied matters
In addition to my role as an IP Lawyer, I am a visiting faculty at my alma mater for teaching IP laws. I am finisher of half-marathons and a cycling enthusiast (winner in 30km cycling event, 40+ category).